I have build a saas product with angular 4 integrated with golang rest api and uploaded the build on aws ec2 instance. My project is a multi-tenant based app which loads customers dashboard on merchant-name.mystore.com subdomain but some of the customers asking for custom domain feature like they should be able to load the app on mydomain.com .
I have done the the subdomain part with following code in apache2.conf file so all subdomain loads from apps folder where the angular app files located
Require all Granted
For custom domain feature I have a section in admin to save custom domain but not sure how should I implement it.
possible method I thought about are
- Create virtual host file and update it on each merchant signup with his custom domain
- Do it somehow with htaccess file and mod_rewrite
Shopify do it but not sure how they load merchant specific store. Another point kept me busy thinking about is what values should I ask to update
- IP address on domain registrar
- Name servers ( not sure what it will be for my on aws )
- Ask to create CNAME or A record as some of the article suggest