This has been a pain in my neck for most of the day. I'm upgrading a Rails application from 4.0.3. I've currently got it successfully upgraded to 4.1.13, with some deprecation warnings regarding the sunspot gems (
sunspot_solr). I've looked into the gems and understand that I need to upgrade them so that they will not break the world when I upgrade to 4.2.
This project runs fine with Rails 4.1.13 and
sunspot_rails 2.0.0 and
sunspot_solr 2.0.0 - everything is great. Tests pass. Solr works.
rm -rf solr/ directory, run
rails generate sunspot_rails:install, run
bundle exec sunspot:solr:run, and I get this:
16:00:14 solr_test.1 | 1991 INFO (main) [ ] o.e.j.w.StandardDescriptorProcessor NO JSP Support for /solr, did not find org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet
I reindex and attempt to restart the server, and get the same error. I have tried:
- Upgrading Java (Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.8.0_162-b12))
- Ensuring $JAVA_HOME is set (/Library/Java/JavaVirtualMachines/jdk1.8.0_162.jdk/Contents/Home)
- Deleting the
test/data directories and re-attempting to restart and reindex
- Using EVERY other version of the sunspot gems, from 2.1 up to and including using the master branch
I've found the following:
- SOLR - sunspot_rails/sunspot_solr 2.1 - NO JSP support
- Sunspot solr NO JSP connection error
- This Github Issue
- This blog post/Treehouse question
I've started from scratch multiple times and can't figure out what's wrong. My boss was able to get everything working just fine on his machine (he's running Java 1.8.0_144). So some combination of my system settings and these gems ABOVE 2.0.0 (I can go back to everything working by wiping the solr/ directory again and downgrading the gems) is borking.